Beasley Marker located on Loop 540 at 4th St., Beasley 
Founded 1894 by Cecil A. Beasley (1862 - 1908), on the Texas & New Orleans Railroad. First called "Dyer" for Isabel dyer (1871 - 1933), whom Beasley later married. Post office opened as "Beasley," May 13, 1898. The town boomed in 1910, as Stern & Stern Land Co. of Kansas City promoted land sales through a town lot auction. Many new settlers were German and Czech families from Washington County. Soon Beasley had 3 general stores, 2 cotton gins, a 3-story hotel, an ice-house, a public school, and 7 churches. Beasley was incorporated in 1970 and continues to serve as a marketing center for the area.
Read more NEW YORK, TEXAS AND MEXICAN RAILWAY
Hope Lutheran Church Marker is in Beasley at 7316 Avenue C 
Hope Lutheran Church In the 1910s, the Rev. C. Merkel, pastor of an Evangelical Lutheran church in Needville, came to Beasley and invited local Lutherans to services held in the Beasley school building. Many attended, and they later petitioned the Rev. Apfelbach to minister the new congregation. Meeting at the Modena schoolhouse, charter members organized in February 1918, calling the church Die Ev. Lutherische Hoffnungs Gemeinde. The church initially met twice monthly, with services in German and English. In 1924, members dedicated their first sanctuary. The congregation grew, later adding a parish house and hall. Through its programs, worship and outreach, the church continues to serve its community.
Krause, Herman A., 13 Feb 1914
or go to