CABELL, TEXAS. Cabell, four miles northeast of Richmond in Fort Bend County, was part of the original Oyster Creek settlement. An early landowner in the area was Dr. Matthew A. Moore, who in 1852 established a plantation there. An extension of the Missouri-Pacific line from Sugar Land made Cabell a shipping point for rice, cotton, and other products grown on surrounding farms. By 1936 the entire area had been absorbed by a state prison farm.
Stephen L. Hardin
or go to