GASTON, TEXAS (Fort Bend County). Gaston, also known as White's Switch, is a farming community on Farm Road 1093 ten miles north of Richmond in northwestern Fort Bend County. The community was probably named for early settler Hudson Gaston, whose plantation was in the area. Gaston was established in 1888, when the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway built through the area. The Gaston post office opened in 1900 and closed in 1920. In 1914 Gaston had a general store and was a stop on the SA&AP Railway. The movie North of 36 was filmed in the area in the early 1920s. Gaston was still identified on the county highway map in 1987.
Discontinued 30 Nov 1920; mail to Richmond
Go to Home Page