HICKEY, TEXAS (Fort Bend County). Hickey was a farming community on a mail route from Rosenberg located off Farm Road 723 in central Fort Bend County. It was probably named for M. J. Hickey, a Brazoria lawyer who settled in the area in 1885 and who became a county judge at the close of the Jaybird-Woodpecker War in 1889. Little is known about the settlement. Hickey was shown on the 1936 county highway map.
Go to Home Page