RANDON, TEXAS. Randon was a community in western Fort Bend County ten miles southwest of Richmond on U.S. Highway 90. It was named for David and John Randon, both of whom were members of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred. The Texas and New Orleans Railroad constructed a cattle shipping pen at the site in 1878. Randon had a rural school, with one teacher and twenty-one white students, in 1926. In 1936 Randon had several scattered farm units, but by then the school appears to have closed. The population of the community was thirty in 1947. By the 1980s Randon no longer appeared on county maps.
Go to Home Page