SMADA (ADAMS) PLANTATION
The SMADA Plantation, a site now within the city limits of Missouri City, is Adams spelled backwards. It was established by A. J. Adams and his wife, Columbia, around 1834, and it served as the location for the county's first court session. Records show that Adams later served in the Confederate Army and returned to Texas at the end of the war.
SMADA (Fort Bend)
Adams, Frank L., 1 May 1913
Discontinued 15 Jun 1917; mail to Stafford
Go to Home Page